Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What is Vexillology?

Let us start with a slute to our National Flag!

the academic study of flags is called "vexillology". A person who designs flags is called "vexillographer"; the stress once again is on the third syllable.
And a person who collects flags is called "vexillophile". Dr. Whitney Smith coined the word.